Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a relaxing holistic treatment which has been used in the practice of medicine called Ayurveda for over 1000 years. It uses acupressure massage on the head, face, neck and shoulders often using circular massage strokes to improve hair and scalp condition and aims to promote long life and balance the body’s energies.
Your Indian Head Massage will be carried out sat in a chair, starting with your shoulders, working into the area especially as it often holds tension. Your upper back will be massaged working around your shoulder blades, followed by flowing motions that will move up your neck massaging and stretching to relieve any stress and tension. Your scalp will then be massaged along the acupressure points on your head, on to your forehead and finally the area around your eyes.
An Indian Head Massage can be carried out fully clothed if preferred, although a loose-necked t-shirt or vest is strongly recommended to enable easy access to the upper shoulders and neck.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of Indian Head Massage:
– Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles which stimulates growth and health.
– Helps prevent headaches and migraines by releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area and relieving muscle stiffness
– Renews and balances energy levels by working with the three higher chakras, improving mental and emotional wellness
– Helps relieve stress, depression and anxiety through relaxation and quieting of the mind
– Stimulates lymphatic drainage by circulating blood to the neck area, detoxifying the body
– Improves sleep quality by reducing stress, restlessness and insomnia
– Boosts memory capabilities