Indian Head Massage
From our treatment room in Northwich we offer Indian Head Massage which is a relaxing holistic treatment which has been used in the practice of medicine called Ayurveda for over 1000 years. It uses acupressure massage on the head, face, neck and shoulders often using circular massage strokes to improve hair and scalp condition and aims to promote long life and balance the body’s energies.
It originates from an Indian alternative medicine system called Ayurveda, whereby it is believed that the mind and body are intricately connected and can influence each other. Through this, it is understood that Indian head massage can not only reduce headaches and improve physical well-being, but it can also improve mental and emotional wellness too.
Your Indian Head Massage will be carried out sat in a chair, starting with your shoulders, working into the area especially as it often holds tension. Your upper back will be massaged working around your shoulder blades, followed by flowing motions that will move up your neck massaging and stretching to relieve any stress and tension. Your scalp will then be massaged along the acupressure points on your head, on to your forehead and finally the area around your eyes.
An Indian Head Massage can be carried out fully clothed if preferred, although a loose-necked t-shirt or vest is strongly recommended to enable easy access to the upper shoulders and neck.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of Indian Head Massage:
– Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles which stimulates growth and health.
– Helps prevent headaches and migraines by releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area and relieving muscle stiffness
– Renews and balances energy levels by working with the three higher chakras
– Helps relieve stress, depression and anxiety through relaxation and quietening of the mind
– Stimulates lymphatic drainage by circulating blood to the neck area, detoxifying the body
– Improves sleep quality by reducing stress, restlessness and insomnia
– Boosts memory capabilities
To book your Indian Head Massage in Northwich Cheshire, or to find out more, just call 07904 587594 or click on the button below. I will call you back or email to confirm the details of your appointment and answer any questions you might have.