Pressure… we all feel it, whether it’s from work, our personal lives or otherwise. But allow me to introduce you to a good type of pressure… reflexology. If you haven’t discovered the benefits of reflexology, you’re missing out. It’s a treatment that suits everyone, no matter what your age or health concerns. Here are 10 good reasons to have reflexology…
1. Relaxation – Reflexology is a deeply relaxing therapy and some people like to have the treatment purely for its relaxation benefits.
2. Improve general wellbeing – Reflexology is an holistic therapy and so works to balance the whole of the body and help it work as effectively as possible, which in turn can help prevent dis-ease.
3. Stress relief – Reflexology can help you feel more balanced and allow you to let go and relax for an hour, which can only have a positive impact in terms of reducing your stress levels.
4. Reduce tension – it is amazing how much tension we carry in our body, even in the feet! Reflexology is an excellent way of relieving tension in the whole body.
5. Improve circulation – Reflexology helps to improve circulation throughout the body, and especially in the feet and legs.
6. Detox the body – Reflexology helps the body to gently detoxify, which is why it is important to drink lots of water after a treatment in order to flush the toxins out of your system.
7. Strengthen the immune system – Reflexology boosts the immune system by kick-starting the body’s own self-healing techniques in order for iit to be as balanced as possible.
8.Improve sleep – the very fact that a Reflexology treatment is so relaxing means that you will probably find you sleep better. Most of my clients report having an amazing night’s sleep after a Reflexology treatment.
9. Calm the mind – even though Reflexology is a physical therapy, it can also work on a mental/ emotional level. By allowing yourself an hour-long Reflexology treatment to relax and unwind, your mind is also able to calm and slow down.
10. Increase energy – many people report feeling generally sluggish which can be a sign your body isn’t working as efficiently as it could. The balancing effect of Reflexology means that you can feel re-energised and re-vitalised.